Faculty members and students from educational institutions across the country can participate in the Lab Migration project. The participation procedure is different for faculty and students.
For faculty members:
1. Fill the Lab Migration proposal form provided at http://esim.fossee.in/lab_migration/proposal.
2. To access the above mentioned page, please log in to the website. If you do not have an account, please visit http://esim.fossee.in/user/register to create an account. In the proposal form provide the following information:
- Institute details, name of the lab and name of the experiments.
- Whether the solutions will be provided by you or by other lab migration community members.
3. In case you are the solution provider, you also have to upload a sample eSim project file along with the proposal. You can upload the solution of one of your lab's problem statement.
4. Once you have filled in all the required fields, submit the form. On successful submission of the proposal form, you will receive a notification e-mail.
5. The approval/disapproval of your proposal will be intimated to you via email within 5 working days.
6. If you have chosen to submit the eSim solutions yourself, you can start creating the project files for the assigned lab and upload the codes on the interface.
For Students and other Community Members:
1. Visit the page http://esim.fossee.in/lab_migration/open_proposal. Please log in to access the above mentioned page. If you do not have a login account, please visit http://esim.fossee.in/user/register to create an account. This page will have a list of lab problems for which eSim solutions are to be provided.
2. Select the lab for which you want to provide the solution. You can do this by clicking on the "Apply" button next to the "Title of the Lab". This action will take you to "Lab Migration Solution Proposal" form. Fill in the details and submit the proposal.
3. You also have to upload a sample eSim project file along with the proposal. You can upload the solution to one of the problem statement from the selected lab.
4. You will receive an email informing whether your proposal has been approved or disapproved in a week’s time. Once your proposal is approved, you can start creating the projects in eSim for the assigned lab and upload the codes on the interface.
Any user who provides solutions for a lab course, can only work on one lab at a time. They can move on to another lab once the current lab's solutions have been provided