Procedure for Circuit Simulation Project
eSim Circuit Simulation project is managed by the FOSSEE project, IIT Bombay. We provide internship certificates and honorarium to all who participate and complete this activity. The procedure is as follows:
- Learn eSim. Get started by visiting our spoken tutorials here. You can also refer to our eSim User manual under Resources.
- Propose a new circuit or select any circuit (from a previous project report or a journal) submit a proposal to rebuild it using eSim.
Submit the proposal by following these steps:
- If you have an account, log into http://esim.fossee.in, else create a new account.
- Once you log in, navigate to the proposal form on the left side menu under Circuit Simulation Project to propose your preferred circuit simulation project.
- Ensure that proposed project is not listed under Completed Circuit Simulations or Circuit Simulations in Progress.
- You will be intimated within 7 working days about the approval or rejection of your proposal via email.
- After approval, start creating the circuit schematic and perform the simulation using eSim .
- After completing the simulation, upload the project files and a brief abstract about the project by navigating to the Project Upload link.
- Ensure that you post the internship forms as soon as you upload the project files (this will ensure the timely payment of your honorarium). To access these forms, click here
Review of the Project Files:.
- Initially, the uploaded project will be reviewed for errors, which should typically take about 7 days.
- If any of the circuits are found to be erroneous, you will have to resubmit the corrected project files.
- The output of the simulations will be verified for correctness and verified with the information provided in the abstract. This process may take up to 30 working days.
- If one submits the project for review more than once, it will be queued up with other review requests and will result in subsequent delays and revision of the honorarium.
Review of the Abstract:
- The uploaded abstract will be first checked for any kind of plagiarism.
- If any kind of plagiarism is found in the abstract, your abstract will be rejected. You have to resubmit. It will also attract a penalty which will be reduced from the honorarium.
- Uploaded abstract will be checked for the theory and the obtained results from the Circuit Simulation
- After the review, the simulation will be published under Completed Circuit simulations. See the list of Completed circuit simulation here.
- Those who successfully finish the Circuit Simulation project as per the specified procedure will be awarded an e-certificate and an honorarium.
Note: We encourage you to propose complex circuit simulations like your B.Tech or M.Tech final year projects which have circuit simulations. Simple circuit simulations with one or two components/ devices will not be accepted.